- 1 Benefits of Combing Your Beard
- 2 Best Beard Comb 2018
- 2.1 Huntsman Dual Action Beard Comb and Protective Sleeve
- 2.2 Grow A Beard – Beard Brush And Comb Set For Men
- 2.3 Kent Men’s Handmade Comb, Set of 3
- 2.4 Viking Revolution Wooden Beard Comb & Case
- 2.5 Rapid Beard – Boar Bristle Beard Brush and Wooden Beard Comb Kit
- 2.6 Kent 81T Men’s Handmade Beard & Mustache Comb
- 2.7 Hunter Jack Beard Comb Kit For Men
- 2.8 Kent 87T Folding Beard Comb
- 3 How To Choose The Best Beard Comb
- 4 Difference Between Beard Brushes And Combs
- 5 Stamp Press vs. Hand-Cut Beard Combs
- 6 Teeth Width
- 7 Beard Comb Materials
- 8 Buying A Good Beard Comb
Benefits of Combing Your Beard
If you aren’t sure why guys invest time and money buying the best comb for their beard, here’s a brief overview of the benefits. Combing your beard is essential to keeping your facial hair healthy and styled all day long. The results are evident and unmistakable, and here are some of the biggest reasons you should comb your beard daily to stimulate growth and prevent damage.
- Prevent ingrown hairs. Using a beard comb can prevent hairs from growing the wrong way. If you want to avoid little bumps, red spots, and even pimples from ingrown facial hairs, comb your beard regularly.
- Easily spread beard oil. As an experienced beardsman, we know you’re already using oil because of its ability to condition and soften your facial hair. But are the benefits reaching every part of your beard, including the hairs under the surface? A quality comb ensures your products are getting distributed evenly throughout your face and skin.
- Keep your beard straight and full. A curly beard can look disheveled and short, instead of long and neat. By combing your beard hairs, aligning them around your face, and influencing them to grow straight, you can train your follicles for a better, fuller finish.
- Keep things clean and neat. Using a comb keeps hair away from your mouth as well as removes dirt, debris and food from your strands. Plus, you can style your beard for a classy yet masculine look.
The bottom line is a beard comb can completely revolutionize your grooming routine. Any of the highly-rated beard combs below will make a perfect addition to your everyday maintenance, and your facial hair will reap the benefits!
Best Beard Comb 2018
Figuring out the best beard comb for you can be difficult with so many options to choose from. Fortunately, we’ve narrowed down the list to the highest-quality brands and products on the market. To decide, we factored in feel, styling ability, teeth width, material composition, stamp press vs hand cut, customer ratings, and price.
In general, we skewed towards handmade wooden beard combs as they feel the most natural. However, we also made sure to include a few of the best beard brush and comb sets and a folding pocket beard comb for convenience.
Now let’s dive into these beard comb reviews and learn about the top products in the industry.
Huntsman Dual Action Beard Comb and Protective Sleeve
Growing and grooming the perfect beard takes the perfect tool, and the Huntsman brand doesn’t disappoint. The is the most versatile comb on the market. This two-sided, hand-carved comb works well with both oils and balms pulls out all of the stops.
No matter your facial hair length or texture, this product gets the job done well. The teeth on this two-sided comb are different size. One side is ideal for fine facial hair while the other can conquer and tame coarse, thick beards. This comb offers you the flexibility to use the side that styles your beard best, regardless of your hair type or how much frizz you are experiencing that day.
Made from sandalwood, this handmade wooden comb has a pleasant woodsy scent. Even after combing, you’ll leave your beard smelling subtly masculine. If you’re looking for a sandalwood beard comb, this is your top pick!
The Huntsman Dual Action Beard Comb effortlessly distributes beard oil and balm throughout your facial hair while providing superior strength and durability compared to plastic combs. Coupled with a sleek faux leather sleeve and gift box, this comb offers the total grooming package for all beardsmen.
If you want a great beard comb with thousands of 5-star reviews and the ability to work through all beard styles, choose this Huntsman.
- BEARDSMAN GIFT: Premium faux leather sleeve and...
- DUAL ACTION TEETH: Designed to give you maximum...
- MOUTH WATERING SCENT: Like stepping into high...
Grow A Beard – Beard Brush And Comb Set For Men
The Grow A Beard brand caters to the everyday beardsman who needs a portable product that can travel with them wherever they go. This comes with a pocket beard comb and brush that fits anywhere easily, gives you styling versatility, and is made with premium-quality materials.
For starters, the beard brush is made from bamboo, so you know it is sturdy and able to take on even the coarsest facial hair on a daily basis. It is also a boar bristle brush so it will work to soften and untangle your beard.
The other half of the set is one of the best wooden beard combs on the market. Designed as a pocket-sized comb you can carry anywhere for grooming success, it makes applying beard oil and balm seamless while stimulating oil production and massaging your facial hair for a healthy shine. The double-sided comb gets through the toughest of tangles and snags, no matter how thick your beard may be.
Easy to grip and durable for facial hair of all kinds, this beard brush and comb set comes with a money-back guarantee, proving that Grow A Beard is confident in the quality of their products. If you need a grooming kit that can smooth and style the thickest of beards, this brush and comb set is a vital tool for beginners and experts alike.
- POCKET SIZE: Pocket-size beard brush and moustache...
- KEEPS BEARD SHINY AND SMOOTH: The boar bristle...
- IDEAL PRESENT FOR MEN: This comb and brush set is...
Kent Men’s Handmade Comb, Set of 3
Kent is a very reputable brand that produces quality beard products that are built tough and made to last. set contains three highly-rated beard comes that are a step above the rest. Saw cut, hand-polished and then buffed to create the perfect rounded teeth that are soft on your hair, this complete kit satisfies all of your needs.
These handmade beard combs are made of cellulose acetate, so you know these grooming tools are strong enough to take on any type of facial hair – unlike cheap plastic combs. The teeth on these combs are smooth, allowing them to seamlessly glide through even the thickest beards with minimal breakage or damage.
The specially-designed teeth also help to stimulate the production of your hair’s natural oils, which serves to moisturize and condition your beard. With different sizes and teeth widths, this set is extremely versatile, allowing you to choose the comb that suits your styling needs.
Kent never fails to deliver a legendary beard brush or comb, and this 3-piece set will take any guy’s grooming routine to the next level.
- Kent men's handmade comb set of 3
- Smooth teeth stimulate the natural oils inside the...
- Saw cut, and then hand polished and buffed to...
Viking Revolution Wooden Beard Comb & Case
Sick of other combs leaving your beard a static mess? Viking Revolution is determined to smooth things out for beardsmen everywhere. is changing the game, and this all-natural pearwood comb with double-sided teeth is making messy facial hair a thing of the past.
Made from pear wood so it smoothly distributes beard balm and oil, this beard comb removes tangles effortlessly without static or snags. And unlike plastics combs, the wood actually feels good against skin. The dual-action feature means you get both fine and coarse teeth that handle a variety of hair textures and beard types. Start with the wide-tooth side to get any major knots out, and then comb through with the other side for a sharp, straight beard.
Even with the synthetic leather case, this beard comb is small enough to fit in your pocket.
If you’re serious about proper beard care and want something that stimulates growth, prevent your hairs from drying out, and gets your beard super soft, you can’t go wrong with Viking Revolution. And with nearly perfect customer satisfaction ratings on Amazon, we highly recommend you make this investment.
- FIND OUT WHAT YOU'RE MISSING - Find out for...
- MAKE HER FALL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN - Look and...
- COMMAND ATTENTION WHEN YOU WALK INTO THE ROOM -...
Rapid Beard – Boar Bristle Beard Brush and Wooden Beard Comb Kit
Rapid Beard is another great brand that knows a fashionable beard requires the proper tools. The contains handmade beard grooming tools that are durable and effective on even the burliest of beards. Built for grooming, styling and shaping, this set is exceptionally well-made and reviewed.
For one, the 100% natural boar bristle beard brush helps to distribute your hair’s natural oils while smoothing, conditioning and softening any hair type or texture. These boar bristles help to improve your beard’s texture for a nice finish.
To complement the brush, the handmade wooden comb untangles and removes knots without any snags, pulls or static. Similarly, the combs long, thick teeth work well with oils, balms and waxes to get damage.
Packaged in a sophisticated gift box containing a stylish travel bag, this pocket-sized set can go wherever you need to do some seamless beard grooming. The Rapid Beard Boar Bristle Beard Brush and Wooden Beard Comb Kit can tame unruly facial hair, making it a winner among beardsmen everywhere.
- HEAD HAIR, BEARDS & MUSTACHES - will all benefit...
- 100% BOAR BRISTLE BEARD BRUSH - natural boar...
- HANDEMADE, ANTI STATIC & SNAG FREE - each comb is...
Kent 81T Men’s Handmade Beard & Mustache Comb
Kent makes our list twice because this British brand knows how to produce quality beard grooming products that are proven superior to other combs and brushes. The is one of a kind, and its extra small size adds a level of convenience and portability that appeals to beardsmen from all backgrounds.
Saw-cut over in England, this beard and mustache comb is made from cellulose acetate. The raw product is then hand-buffed to eliminate rough edges, creating a rounded out and smooth finish. This is crucial given that tiny ridges and protruding edges can grab, pull and scratch hair and skin to cause irritation and damage.
Thanks to its small size, this handmade beard comb is extremely portable, and the medium-length teeth work best on shorter beards that are just starting to get some length. Nevertheless, the handle still offers a solid grip without slipping, a testament to how well-built it is.
Carry in your pocket or wallet, this beard comb is a classy, sleek addition to any men’s grooming routine. Kent is a company that has been in the business of beards since 1777, so you know the 81T stands out among its competitors.
- Item condition: 100% authentic, new and unused
- Kent the handmade comb 81t - 73 mm moustache and...
- Type: Combs
Hunter Jack Beard Comb Kit For Men
Styling your beard doesn’t have to be a tedious, boring experience. Hunter Jack is a brand that aims to stimulate all of your senses during your grooming routine, and their definitely aims to get your beard looking smooth and smelling spectacular. If you want a soft beard but want a badass-looking, double-action handmade comb, Hunter Jack’s is the ultimate choice.
This wooden beard comb is made from green sandalwood, which is durable with a subtle, woodsy fragrance. Using this comb to style your beard lets you enjoy the light, masculine scent of sandalwood long after you put this grooming tool down. The handmade design with a clean, buffed finish ensures nothing will tug on your hairs as you’re combing.
Furthermore, this dual-sided comb has thick and fine teeth, allowing you to comb through any type of facial hair with ease. Get the major knots out with the wide side, and get a smooth finish with the thinner side. It also helps that the product combats frizz at the source.
Whether you’re looking for a comb that effectively distributes oils and conditioners to maximize care or you simply want to straighten your curly beard, Hunter Jack’s can work for you. With a cool leather case and a lifetime warranty that guarantees satisfaction, you can’t top this kind of quality.
- BEARD COMB FOR MEN IN PREMIUM PU LEATHER GIFT...
- 100% HANDMADE FINISH - Means that each wooden...
- WONDERFUL SANDALWOOD SMELL with DUAL ACTION TEETH...
Kent 87T Folding Beard Comb
As the premier beard comb brand, you can’t be surprised that the folding pocket comb we recommend is manufactured by Kent. This limited edition is another solid representation of the company’s stellar quality.
Like all the handmade Kent combs we’ve reviewed thus far, the 87T is saw cut, hand-polished and buffed as well to create the smoothest profile. You’ll appreciate the soft and perfectly rounded teeth when they don’t get caught on your facial hair or damage your beard.
The defining feature of this product is its size. As the most highly-rated folding beard comb on the market, it’s great for anyone who needs something that fits into their pocket and allows them to comb their beard anywhere. Although the teeth are somewhat short, the compact size makes it possible to reach every part of your face to really stimulate hair growth and oil production throughout.
Unless you only ever plan to grow to a short to medium-length beard, we recommend the Kent 87T be just a part of your grooming set as it isn’t big enough to service long, full beards.
- VERY LIMITED EDITION
- FOLDING COMB
How To Choose The Best Beard Comb
Now that you know about the best brands and products in the business, it’s time to determine what type of beard grooming tool is best for you. The best beard brushes and combs allow you to take control of your facial hair style, but it’s important to realize the difference between the two.
Difference Between Beard Brushes And Combs
Quality beard combs and brushes serve very distinct purposes. Knowing the benefits of these two grooming products will help you achieve your best beard ever. Consider these opposing characteristics when choosing between a brush and comb:
- Difference in design. High-quality beard brushes are usually composed of boar bristles. Beard combs are composed of evenly-spaced teeth and made up of materials such as wood, bone, metal or plastic.
- Facial hair length matters. Longer hair can be better managed and shaped with a beard comb, whereas shorter strands can be tamed with the swipe of a brush.
- Applying beard oil. Generally speaking, a beard brush hits the surface hairs. In an attempt to penetrate deeper, you could damage your facial hair. However, you want to make sure to stimulate and distribute your beard’s natural oils throughout. The same applies when you’re using beard care products.
- Different styling effects. Brushing your beard provides a fuller, puffier look. Beard combs give you more leverage to control your style, as well as aid the process of cutting and shaping your facial hair with scissors or beard trimmers.
Stamp Press vs. Hand-Cut Beard Combs
Considering the quality and design of your beard comb is insanely important when it comes to maintaining the health and style of your facial hair. Review the differences between a stamp press and a hand-cut beard comb to make sure you are choosing the right grooming tool.
Stamp Press Beard Comb
A stamp press beard comb will cost you close to nothing, but you have to be willing to skimp on quality. This type of beard comb is mass-produced and typically made of plastic, which means there is literally no craftsmanship involved when it comes to the teeth of the comb.
The teeth of a stamp-pressed comb will have jagged edges that will pull and grab at your beard hairs, cause damage to your follicles and result in split ends. Cheap beard combs may also cause static and frizz. Then, when you have a tangle or knot you need to remove, a low-quality product will snap in half and require another trip to the store. For the few dollars you save, this option is simply not worth it.
Hand Cut Beard Comb
Hand-cut beard combs are literally cut from a different cloth and often last a lifetime. They are typically handmade and built from a sturdier material such as wood or horn.
The teeth are evenly-spaced, individually saw cut, polished and buff so you don’t have to worry about tugging at your facial hair and causing irritation. Handmade combs can actually make your beard smoother and stimulate hair growth. The result is a better beard than you’ve ever been able to grow on your own.
The bottom line is that paying for few more dollars for a handmade, quality beard comb can make all the difference. The health of your facial hair depends on it.
Not all comb teeth are created equal. There is a reason you should never run a traditional hair comb through your beard – it can cause serious damage to your facial hair. The teeth on a hair comb are too close together to run through the strands of a curly or thick beard, causing breakage and irritation.
The teeth of the best beard combs are spaced differently to cater to various textures of facial hair. The thicker or longer your beard, the wider the space between the teeth of a beard comb to eliminate knots and tangles. Shorter, softer beards can benefit from teeth spaced closer together.
Ultimately, it all depends on the length and type of beard hair you. Buying a dual-sided comb can really give you the best of both worlds.
Beard Comb Materials
Different kinds of materials are used to make beard combs. And the material can be the difference between a trendy, healthy beard and a tangled, unhealthy mess. Being aware of high-quality beard comb materials is crucial, and these are some of the options available on the market:
- Wood – Wooden beard combs are one of the top options for serious beardsmen. Their teeth offer different, hand-cut widths to cater to all beard types. Although wood combs aren’t waterproof, they protect the health of your beard and style with ease.
- Metal – A metal beard comb isn’t the most authentic experience, but there are some decent brands and a minority of guys even prefer them. Some can generate static, while others that are coated and manufactured properly won’t. If you prefer a metal beard comb, we’d recommend this one from . It’s well-rated and made of stainless steel.
- Cellulose Acetate – This rubber-like material is among the best, and great brands like Kent use it. Cellulose acetate beard combs are anti-static, and some of the top beard combs are made of it. Just make sure you get one that is handmade and saw-cut.
Whatever beard comb you choose, make sure to stay away from plastic. This cheap material will destroy your hair follicles and possibly stunt your beard’s growth.
Buying A Good Beard Comb
A cool beard can add style and sophistication to any man’s appearance. In fact, well-groomed beard styles have become an asset to trendy guys everywhere. So whether you’ve just started growing some stubble or already have a full, long beard to maintain, a good comb is a necessary tool for keeping your facial hair healthy and looking stylish.