- 1 3 Ways to Help You Grow Out Your Undercut
- 2 Cool Men’s Hairstyles To Try
3 Ways to Help You Grow Out Your Undercut
From ways to stimulate hair growth to haircuts to try, here’s how to deal with growing out your undercut the right way! Some of these are immediate solutions while others may require you to wait a few weeks!
Cut Your Hair
If you’re over the undercut, it may be smart to simply cut off all your hair and start with a clean slate. A buzz cut, high and tight or short crew cut on top with a high fade on the sides is an easy, low-maintenance haircut for guys to pull off as their hair starts to grow back. The relative shortness all over your head also ensures that your hair grows out evenly, allowing your next cut and style to be whatever you desire!
Try A Different Short Sides, Long Top Hairstyle
The undercut’s versatility is one of the best reasons to get it. Fortunately, this can work in your favor. If you’re in-between haircuts while you wait for your hair to grow, you can easily style a comb over, pompadour, quiff, or faux hawk. If your hairstyle of choice looks a bit off due to the short sides going too high, visit your local barbershop for a quick trim. Clean edges and a neat neck taper can make all the difference in keeping your look fresh.
Be Patient and Just Let Your Hair Grow
If you can endure the process and don’t mind experimenting with other hairstyles, then it may be best to just let your hair grow! To stimulate and maximize hair growth, here are a few tips:
- Eat Well – a healthy diet is crucial to cell, follicle and ultimately hair growth. Foods rich in proteins and essential Vitamins A, B, C, and E can help your hair grow faster.
- Exercise – regular aerobic exercise and strength training encourage blood flow, thereby delivering oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles.
- Sleep – during early parts of the sleep cycle, your body increases secretion of growth hormones that aid in cell reproduction.
- Proper Hair Care – a quality shampoo and conditioner is helpful in keeping your hair clean and healthy.
Many of these same ideas also apply to guys trying to grow a beard.
Cool Men’s Hairstyles To Try
In the end, growing hair takes time and there are no shortcuts or magic pills. All you can do is be creative and find ways to look good while your undercut grows out. In the meantime, check out these other cool hairstyles for men you could be styling while you wait!
Low Fade Undercut + Faux Hawk
Here is an example of a low taper fade undercut. The undercut is slowly growing out, but the hairstyle still looks stylish and fresh!
High Undercut Fade + Long Comb Over Pompadour
This is an undercut that’s been transitioned into a high temp fade. The long hair on top can still be styled into any look, allowing for several hot styles.
Classic Tapered Sides + Thick Comb Over
If you don’t want a fade, consider a classic taper on the sides. While you can request this scissor cut at any barbershop, guys can also just let their undercut grow out. It might not be as clean as a fade, but the cut and style still looks great!